Health, Safety, Security & Environment – Our Commitment and Policy
The HSSE Commitment and Policy of LUND Engineers & Contractors A/S (hereinafter referred to as LUND E&C) apply to all work performed by LUND E&C.
We want to deliver consultancy services and deliverables of high quality to our clients, but we also know how important it is to secure our people, the society, and the environment. That is why there will always be room for improvements which we embrace and constantly incorporate in our HSSE Commitment and Policy.
So far, LUND E&C has not had any lost man hours due to injuries or accidents. That is a statistic we are very proud of and aim to keep up with.
This Commitment and Policy reflects our values and way of performing our work, and it helps with securing the health and safety of our employees and co-workers, as well as protecting the environment.
We take great importance in:
- Protecting the environment by using materials and energy resources efficiently and avoid unnecessary pollution and interference with the environment, as well as raising employees’ awareness to minimize adverse impact on the environment.
- Utilizing technology and maintain facilities in a manner to avoid risk to people, society and the environment.
- Preventing all accidents, injuries, and occupational illnesses. In addition, we will secure our people from becoming emotionally or mentally broken.
- Providing a safe and healthy work environment for all in LUND E&C with adequate facilities and appropriate protective equipment.
- Identifying and analyzing potential hazards and security threats and implement measures to avoid, prevent, control, and restrict the associated risks.
- Contributing to the society we work in as well as respecting the parties involved in, or in any other way subject to, our work.
- Always respecting, accepting, and fulfilling the HSSE Commitment and Policy of our partners at any time during the performance of our work.
- Promoting the best practices and taking responsibility to perform and develop in accordance with the above-mentioned aims.
- Respecting the HSSE Commitment and Policy with the same importance and value as other critical business policies and activities performed by LUND E&C.
- Ensuring that all in LUND E&C are committed to our HSSE principles, and not least the HSSE policies of our clients.
With our HSSE Commitment and Policy, we contribute to sustainable work by protecting our employees, and helping and protecting the environment and the society that we perform in. We want to deliver consultancy services to our clients in respect of these aims.
LUND E&C commits to:
- Continuously improving and updating the HSSE Commitment and Policy and making sure that the HSSE Commitment and Policy follows law or regulations, and to applying appropriate standards where respective legislation does not exist.
- Improving the HSSE Commitment and Policy in accordance with feedback from employees, partners and customers.
- Applying the HSSE Commitment and Policy in all work performed by LUND E&C.
- Engaging in dialogue with customers and other project parties to create the best possible solution for all parties, in respect of our HSSE Commitment and Policy.
- Promoting a safety and health workflow / mentality culture. By doing so, our team are much better prepared to prevent and avoid injuries and accidents when working with customers.
- Encouraging and expecting employees to stop the job in situations, which assessed unsafe.
- Pursuing the goal of zero accidents by using lessons learned.
LUND E&C management will inspect the implementation of this policy. We expect the support of all employees, contractors, partners etc., so that our HSSE Commitment and Policy will prevent damage and accidents as well as maintain our customers confidence in the company.